February 2, 2018 | Paradise Homes on Deer Island
We are prepping for our first ever Open House Event on 7 of our model homes! It has been a whirlwind of preparation. From scheduled home cleanings and new mulch to flyers, signs, and more! Our team has been putting in the work and is excited about getting our homes ready for this!
The process to get a home ready for showing varies from home to home, bust some things remain constant. We thought it might be helpful to provide you with some tips we came across in this whole process. If you are thinking about selling your home, these might be helpful to you!
And, if you are looking to buy a home in Central Florida, come by our Open Houses tomorrow to see us! Inventory is low and these will not last long so don't miss out on the opportunity to see these beautiful, move-in ready homes!
- Secure valuables (tech devices such as laptops, tablets, phones), bills (some have account numbers), spare keys to the house and prescription drugs
- Have all counter tops cleaned off. Remove counter top appliances such as toasters or coffee makers.
- Keys and personal items should be stored away.
- De-clutter / put away everyday items: dishes, mail, shoes, coats, kids' toys, sporting equipment, etc.
- Take 15 minutes and organize / purge your fridge - because a buyer WILL look!
- Make sure the thermostat is set appropriately for the weather and make the home comfortable for showings.
- Take the trash out and consider hiding garbage cans.
- Minimize family photos
- Do a thorough cleaning - even if you have to hire a cleaning service
- Improve curb appeal: Mow the lawn and trim back overgrown shrubbery, mulch, paint shutters, weed gardens, address the trim, fix walkways, clean exterior windows, power wash home.
- Make the bathrooms shine: Toilet seats down, clean mirrors and other glass surfaces.
- Bake something that smells good. Chocolate chip cookies, apple pie. I've used the pre-made cookie dough and frozen pies for this. A pan of apple juice with cinnamon and cloves simmering in the oven works well and is easy.
- Put fresh flowers or flowering plants on the dining room table
- Play soft music
- Turn on all of the lights
- Offer snacks and water
- Take all the magnets and pictures off the refrigerator.
- If guns are in the house, make sure they are secured.
- Open the windows - buyers love lots of natural light.
- Stick all personal toiletries in a drawer or a basket. (no one wants to see your toothpaste or hand lotion)
- Organize toys or store them while your home is on the Market
- Less is more. Remove excess furniture if possible.
- Replace light bulbs that are burnt out. The better the lighting, the better the results.
- Walkways to and from the home should be clean and clear.
- Hide feeding bowls, litter boxes, dog beds, etc. Some home-seekers have allergies and can be put-off by their presence.